Uncle Bo's Upcoming Events
- Fri24May20138:30 p.m. - $10.00 What can I say, it's The Cate Brothers! These guys are beyond great, playing with everyone in the music business and songs that cross decades. We refer to them as "a waterfall", or "butter," just smooth and one of our favorites to work with. The world loves The Cate Brothers and so does Topeka.
- Sat25May20138:00 p.m. - $10.00 The Cate Brothers are back for night 2 of the weekend show. These guys are so big they can pack the place twice.
- Wed29May20136:30 - $20.00 Thorn has been pleasing crowds for years with his muscular brand of roots music - bluesy, rocking and thoroughly Southern, yet also speaking universal truths. The Tupelo, Mississippi native worked in a furniture factory, jumped out of airplanes, and was a professional boxer before sharing his experiences with the world as a singer-songwriter. Pimps and Preachers, which topped the Americana charts for three weeks and broke into the Billboard Top 100, perfectly exemplified the vivid scope of his songwriting and illuminated his family background. While his father is a Church of God Pentecostal Minister, his uncle (his father's brother) spent time as a pimp, and Thorn was influenced by both of these men. Mining these "saint and sinner" scenarios, Thorn crafted a disc that All Music Guide lauded as "a great rock & roll album," while The Nation labeled it "an incredible find." Well, Topeka you are in for a real treat, I am still pinching myself. I can't believe we got him to visit Uncle Bo's. I did tell him repeatedly he was on my wish list, maybe he heard me. Wooohooo! The tickets will go fast, the seating will go faster. I will do what I can to get you all comfortable, so bear with me.
- Fri31May20138:30 p.m. - $5.00 Terry Quiett is in the house. A great band with wonderful music, makes it a night to dance and feel good. His Just my Luck cd took him to another level of entertainment and made the charts in the top 100 Roots Music Report Blues Chart. You can feel the passion this band has through their instruments.
- Sat01Jun20138:00 p.m. - $10.00 Lisa Mann stands firmly as a powerhouse bassist, front woman and singer/songwriter. She finds inspiration for her writing in life's turns, with influences of Etta James, Bonnie Raitt and Koko Taylor. Lisa Mann was also in the top ten at the 2011 International Blues Challenge in Memphis. It was there when I was first able to see her perform and I’ve been hooked ever since.